Friday, November 14, 2008

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

This is not a short list. But it is definitely limited. The more things I think of, the more things I think of.

1. white beads, cold and smooth, printed in blue with Asian design
2. Aaron Neville songs, especially I Hold You Up
3. Josh Groban music, especially Petit Papa Noel
4. Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Sunday morning broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word
5.Writer's Almanac and Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor
6. Bugs:Poems by Mary Ann Hoberman
7. Rick Walton's children's poetry
8. Poetry Speaks to Children book and CD
9. folk music and folk dance
10. warm fuzzy socks
11. warm fuzzy newborns and their wonderful smell
12. daffodils
13. avocados
14. knee socks that stay up
15. three-quarter-length sleeves
16. the color teal
17. pockets
18. backpacks
19. Og Mandino
20. C.S. Lewis
21. Carol Lynn Pearson
22. zippers
23. Lloyd C. Douglas' Magnificent Obsession
24. journals
25. pens, especially fine-point pens with purple ink
26. the French language
27. DANCING

Now I dare you, my reader, to make your own favorites list. What makes you smile?

No comments: