Some people just have to do things the hard way.
Bob, my son with the lip ring, has swallowed his sharpest jewelry.
X-rays showed nothing.
Then just the other night, when we were eating veggie pizza for dinner, yet ANOTHER lip ornament disappeared.
This time, it wasn't Bob who swallowed his own jewelry. See, he doesn't care for vegetables much, and so he generously gave all his pizza toppings to his older brother, who gladly scraped Bob's plate clean.
Jack didn't notice any difficulty swallowing or any pain or anything. Don't forget the cheese!